본문 바로가기

위대한 건축가 루이스 칸(Louis Kahn, 1901-1974)의 삶을 그린 아들 나타니엘 칸(Nathaniel Kahn)의 다큐멘터리 '나의 건축가(My Architect, 2003)'이 4월 7일부터 13일까지 맨해튼 필름포럼에서 복원판으로 상영된다. 루이스 칸은 루즈벨트 아일랜드의 프랭클린 D. 루즈벨트 포프리덤 파크를 비롯, 킴벨 미술관, 예일대 영국미술관 등을 설계했다. 

myarchitect.png

MY ARCHITECT 

Directed by Nathaniel Kahn 

New Restoration 

April 7 – 13 @Film Forum

(2003) Architect Louis Kahn died in 1974, bankrupt and alone in New York City’s Penn Station. He left behind a brilliant legacy of powerfully spiritual buildings – geometric compositions of brick, concrete, and light. Kahn’s dramatic death laid bare a complex personal life of secrets and broken promises: he led not a double, but a triple life. Kahn’s son, filmmaker Nathaniel Kahn, sets out to reconcile his father’s life and work, while I.M. Pei, Frank Gehry, and Philip Johnson and the women and children in his life shed light on this secretive, peripatetic man—a dynamo who gave selflessly to his art – but whose relationships were left on the drawing board. “Blossoms into a CITIZEN KANE-like meditation on whether anyone is truly knowable – but the showpiece is Kahn the younger’s spellbinding photography, which shows off his dad’s buildings’ epic grandeur as well as their spiritual intimacy.”– Robert Kolker, New York Magazine. “This fascinating portrait of an eccentric visionary and his chaotic triple family life is an accomplished, enormously satisfying nonfiction work.” – David Rooney, Variety

116 min.     USA     ABRAMORAMA

https://filmforum.org/

?