본문 바로가기

조회 수 947 댓글 0

<Update> 뮤지컬 '왕과 나(The King & I)'의 런던 팔라디움시어터 공연이 11월 29일 세계 영화관에서 상영되어 13만5천명 관객에 250만 달러의 흥행 수입을 기록했다. 한국계 배우 루스 앤 마일스에게 토니상 여우조연상을 안겨준  '왕과 나'는 12월 4일 오후 7시 앙코르 상영된다. https://www.kingandimusicalcinema.com

0004-399.jpg

토니상 4개 부문 수상 뮤지컬 '왕과 나(The KIng and I)'가 런던 웨스트엔드의 팔라디움 시어터에 진출 한국계 배우 루시 앤 마일스가 레디이 티앙으로 출연하고 있다. 올 3월 교통사고로 4세 딸을 잃은 후 임신 중이던 아이까지 유산한 슬픔을 딛고 무대에 오르고 있다. 켄 와타나베와 켈리 오하라가 출연 중인 '왕과 나'를 11월 29일, 12월 4일 뉴욕 극장에서 상영한다.

*토니상 여우조연상 수상 루시 앤 마일스

http://www.nyculturebeat.com/?document_srl=3260701&mid=TheaterDance

001michelinBG1.jpg

Rodgers and Hammerstein’s musical THE KING AND I, recorded live at London’s Palladium, screens in select Landmark Theatres nationwide for two nights only, on Thursday, November 29 and Tuesday, December 4 at 7:00pm. Select your theatre below to buy advance tickets now!

Boston: Kendall Square Cinema
Dallas: The Magnolia
Denver: Chez Artiste Theatre
Minneapolis: Edina Cinema
New York City: The Landmark at 57 West
San Diego: Hillcrest Cinemas
San Francisco: Opera Plaza Cinema
San Francisco-East Bay: Shattuck Cinemas
San Francisco-Peninsula: Aquarius Theatre
Santa Cruz: The Nick
Seattle: Crest Cinema Center
St. Louis: Plaza Frontenac Cinema
Washington, DC: Bethesda Row Cinema

“I doubt I’ll see a better production in my lifetime.” 
-The Wall Street Journal

The multi-award-winning and critically acclaimed Lincoln Center Theater’s production of Rodgers and Hammerstein’sTHE KING AND I comes to cinemas in this unmissable event recorded live in 2018 from London’s iconic Palladium. 

Reprising her Tony Award-winning role, “Broadway musical’s undisputed Queen” (The Sunday Times) Kelli O’Hara (Anna) takes to the stage alongside Tony and Oscar nominee Ken Watanabe (The King) in a "powerhouse" (The Times) performance. Also returning to her Tony Award-winning role as Lady Thiang is Ruthie Ann Miles. 

Set in 1860s Bangkok, the musical tells the story of the unconventional and tempestuous relationship that develops between the King of Siam and Anna, a British schoolteacher whom the modernist King, in an imperialistic world, brings to Siam to teach his many wives and children. With one of the finest scores ever written, including “Whistle a Happy Tune,” “Getting to Know You” and “Shall We Dance,” and featuring a company of over 50 world-class performers, THE KING AND Iis a testament to the lavish heritage of gloriously romantic musical theatre—it is the greatest musical from the golden age of musicals.